Over the last couple of weeks I have made a few attempts at using Mica Shift techniques, but they have all gone a bit wrong. (Or a lot wrong.) But today I remembered that I went to one of Dan Cormier’s “Mokume Dan-eh” classes a few years ago, and that I still had my peeler tool. So I have gone from being extremely frustrated with my experiments to being mildly satisfied that they are now moving in the right direction.

I used one of Lisa Pavelka’s texture sheets, pressed down on a layered stack of thin sheets of colour (with a gold layer on the top of them):

mica shift experiment mica shift experiment

mica shift experiment mica shift experiment