List of resources and step-by-step polymer clay alphabet cane tutorials
General resources for creating polymer clay alphabet canes
You will need:
- White polymer clay (e.g. or )
- Black polymer clay (e.g. or )
- (a.k.a. polymer clay slicer blade)
Other sites with tutorials on how to create polymer clay alphabet canes:
- Tutorial on Polymer Clay Central shows how to make the initials “P” and “C” (naturally!!), but not the rest of the alphabet.
- Article on Tina Holden’s “Beadcomber” blog showing how to create a monogram cane – but again that is a very specific (although lovely) cane that just incorporates her own initials.
- unikatissima’s website mentions using CityZen Cane’s mosaic “pixels” method, but again doesn’t give detailed instructions on how to create the whole alphabet.
- Brilliant polymer clay artist Iris Mishly has a full tutorial on how to create a “signature name cane”:
…or if you don’t have time to create your own just yet, here are some (but do check that they are raw canes, because some canes for sale online are pre-baked):
There are also some moulds you can use to make canes in a different way, but I’ll leave that tutorial until another day. In the meantime here is a , and a link below: